Ginger Soy Chicken
No excuse easy chicken dinner, all you have to do is pair it up with an asian salad or steamed veggies.
- 800g of Chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 drops of ginger essential oil (1 tsp of grated ginger)
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Cut the excess fat from your thigh fillets and cut in half if you want smaller pieces. You can use breast but I find thighs are more juicer!
- Next up grab a marinating bowl and place soy sauce, honey, olive oil, chopped coriander, ginger and salt & pepper and mix it together with a fork.
- Place the thighs into the bowl and cover them with the marinade. Let the delicious marinade do its work and leave covered in the fridge for 30mins (longer if you have time).
- Let’s get cooking. Heat a pan with 1 tbs coconut oil and cook for 5 mins on each side till completely cooked. I usually have my oven sitting at 100 degrees celsius to keep them warm as I finish the rest of the thighs off. Plus great way to ensure the chicken is cooked through as thigh can sometimes look pinkish!
Portion Control Tip: I usually eat my palm size serving of chicken on my plate and then load the rest up with veggies and good carbs like brown rice or sweet potato!
Vee’s Tips: Make enough for leftovers for a protein packed salad the next day!