Spiced Cauliflower, Sweet Potato and Tuscan Kale Soup
Nothing like a hearty winter soup just as the weather starts to cool and you are in need of some warming up. Flavoursome, packed with vitamins and filling
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 bunch of tuscan kale, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 drops of ginger essential oil (1 tsp of grated ginger)
- 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Cut up all your vegetables so that you are ready to start cooking.
- Heat around 1tbs of coconut oil in a large pot, then add your onion, cook until they are translucent, around 3 minutes.
- Add your spices except for the ginger oil. If you are using fresh ginger add now. Stir the spices around with the onion so that you can start to smell them.
- Add your sweet potato and cauliflower, give them a little stir so they are coasted with the spices and onion.
- Add your stock ensuring that the vegetables are covered. Then add your tuscan kale.
- Now let your soup cook away, bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 20mins, or until vegetables are tender.
- Once tender, let your soup cool a little and then blend it together with either a hand blender or food processor. I love to blitz it up so it is smooth but a few little chunks can be seen.
- Next up, add your coconut cream, ginger essential oil and salt & pepper to taste. Cook on low heat for around 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve.
Serve with some crusty rye bread. I love to spread some goats cheese on the bread and dip it into the soup. Yum!
For the best benefits and flavour, add your essential oils at the end of your cooking.
Vee’s Tips: I love to spread some goats cheese on the bread and dip it into the soup. Yum!