This sugar scrub is one of my fav DIY recipes, it is easy to make, you can locate all your ingredients locally (essential oils using take 3 days to receive) and they make great gifts all year. I find experimenting with the different EO blends you can get some amazing smelling combinations plus that cleanse and rejuvenate the skin.
What You Need:
1 cup raw sugar (for this recipe I use raw sugar but you can play around and also use white sugar)
- 1/4 cup almond oil (you can use coconut or olive oil if you wish I just love the silkiness of the almond oil afterwards )
- Zest of 2 Oranges (this just add texture and extra exfoliant to your scrub you could also use lime, lemon or grapefruit to other scrubs)
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable glycerine
- 20 drops Citrus Bliss Blend essential oils
- 1 air tight glass container (you can pick up some great glass jar from your local $2 shop – the oils keep better in glass however if you have kids around I usually use plastic BPA free snack containers)
- 1 mixing bowl & spoon
- Mix sugar, oil, zest, and vegetable glycerin together. When mixing your ingredients together you may need to add a little more oil depending on the sugar you use. So to tell if there is enough oil make sure that the mixture is not dry and can stick together.
- Add your essential oil drops, I usually add 5 at a time and then mix it to ensure the oil is evenly distributed.
- Store in a glass jar. Be creative and add ribbon for gifts or make little pots to hand out as party favours at your daughters next birthday party
To use the scrub simply put a small amount in your hand and scrub all over body, hands and feet and rinse with warm water. I find after using the scrub I don’t need to moisturise as there is enough moister from the glycerol and the almond oil.
Here are a list of other scrub ideas that you can make by switching around the oils:
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil & 10 drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Easy Air Blend – this is a great scrub when you are feeling sick it is a natural vaporiser especially when you are having a hot shower.
- 20 drops of Lavender – this is a great scrub to relax and I also let my daughter use this
- Christmas blend is in the making will post once I have found the perfect blend